Interim CEO, COO, CMO
As a battle-tested leader with roots and experience across many industries, Banks has developed a reputation as the “go-to-guy” to for assessing and solving critical strategic problems. Companies that hire Banks typically need to quickly resolve 1), strategic, operational, or revenue challenges 2), low-performing or misaligned cultures, 3), directional clarity and/or 4), the speed in generating results.
Banks accomplishes this with a style and experience that earns him immediate trust and respect throughout an organization and generates rapid results through alignment and other solutions.
SELECT EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE
Company Stage Focus: Startup, Early Stage, Private Equity Backed, Turnaround/Distressed, Fortune 1000, Private, Family Owned
Interim CMO, $250 Million Hospital
Faced with a potentially unwanted sale or merger in a consolidating, highly regulated and declining volume industry, Banks created and implemented a powerful and unique strategy that is driving patient volume, market share and has created a path for sustainability and continued independence.
Interim CMO, $10 Million Internet Content Company
Helped company identify and transform its core SaaS and CMS offerings to increase revenue. Helped them secure new and higher paying clients as well as improve the focus their sales and technology teams.
Chairman & CEO, Banks Broadcasting, Inc.
Private-equity funded company. Banks owned and operated television stations, 700 MHz Digital Spectrum and a film festival which increase revenue, market share or cash flow every year.
Chairman of the Board, ICNews, Inc.
As advisor and Interim CEO, helped transform the startup’s strategy to create the nation’s first video-centric, hyperlocal news portal.
President & General Manager, NBC/WMAQ-TV, Chicago
Owned by General Electric. Banks exceeded operating targets and improved operating profits an average 13% per year. Overtook the #1 station in major demographic ratings.
• Significant operating and revenue successes in every assignment and role
• Managed variety of companies from startups to $150 million in revenue
• Conducted many mega-million dollar bids, acquisition analyses and due diligence with major national Private Equity firms
• Numerous civic and industry awards (e.g. Emmy) for personal or professional achievement
• Swedish Covenant Hospital – Chair, Strategic Planning and Marketing
• NorthShore University Health Systems
• Chicago Chamber of Commerce
• National Association of Broadcasters – Washington D.C.
• Carleton College
• Regent University Graduate School of Business
• Associated Press Broadcasters
• United Way of Hampton Roads
• Virginia Association of Broadcasters
• Illinois Broadcasters Association
• Banks Broadcasting, Inc.
• Museum of Broadcast Communications Chicago
• BA, Economics – Carleton College
• Graduate – General Electric EDC Program
• Google Certified Professional (AdWords and Advanced Display/Video Advertising)
Years Executive Experience: (25)
# Interim Roles: (3)
# Board Roles: (12)
Company Size: (<$100k-$500M)
• Board Advisory
• Building a Management Team
• Social Media
• Brand Management
• Crisis Management
• B2C Marketing
• Market Development
• Marketing Strategy
• Advancing & Emerging Technologies
• Business Development
• Sales Forecasting
• Sales Force Training, Assessment, Recruitment
• Financial Analysis
• Corporate Governance
• Joint Ventures
• Television and Cable/Broadcast
• Digital and Mobile Media
• Healthcare and Hospitals
• Social Media and Marketing
• Private Equity & Venture Capital
• Non-Profit Organizations