Interim COO, CMO
Meet Mona Pearl; also known as “The Task Force”. Mona is a global business development and implementation leader, helping plan, shape and carry-out strategies to launch products, services and private/public initiatives in new markets. She has been working with start-ups around the world, as well as governments, Fortune 1000, middle-market, and emerging markets companies that wish to fully tap into their global potential, but are not there yet. Her experience benefits companies that are in need of a panoramic perspective and creative tactics that help identify, qualify and align the right opportunities with the proper markets.
She started and successfully operated three businesses of her own, and has worked with over 20 start-ups. She led projects in Europe, North America, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
In her role as a project leader, she helps companies build and scale businesses worldwide. She excels in driving participation across multi-stakeholder environments for corporate, private-public partnerships, M&A and technology investments toward achieving growth and competitive advantage across-borders. As a subject matter expert, she is a respected international advisor to many of the world’s leading companies and governments on global strategy, transformation and innovation.
Mona holds a Master’s degree in International Business from DePaul University and a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish and Communications from Northeastern Illinois University. She has lived on three continents and speaks five languages. She also teaches global marketing and management in universities around the world, and is a requested speaker in conferences worldwide.
She is the author of “Grow Globally” and is a sought after contributor to worldwide conferences, media and leading publications such as: Deal Reporter, CNBC, Oracle, Chicago Tribune, NPR/WBEZ, Microsoft, Bloomberg, Leadership Magazine, Global Finance, Format, Crain’s Chicago, Entrepreneur.com, the United Nations, and more on global strategy, execution and industry competitive intelligence.
SELECT EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE
Company Stage Focus: Startup, Early Stage, Late Stage Venture Funded, Private Equity Backed, Fortune 1000, Private
Interim COO, $100M+ Service Company
Service company (100M+) in need of redefining their marketing and business development strategy, while putting in place new P&P to help them tap into new opportunities in a competitive and changing market.
Lead strategic planning and adjustment of operations between due-diligence and post-acquisition. Assess strategic risk. Design and implement P&P across the organization to align with new operations. Cultural alignment as well as the development of new practice and focus areas to utilize the new organizational strength. Oversee the development, in partnership with business units of annual Business Strategic Review (BSR), dimensioning the strategic priorities and action plans for the business units. Coach, develop and train direct reports. Serve as mentor, counsel and advisor to team members. Change Management: Focusing on the ‘people’ aspect of business improvement, and design a structured approach to transition from a current to a desired state, while dealing with the attitude towards change and works on the basis that any changes to process, systems, policies, organizations and people must be balanced, structured and visible in order to ensure that change is successful. Used advanced negotiation and influencing skills with internal and external executives.
Restructured departments and personnel, while making recommendations to the CEO/owner on growth, active implementation and preparing the company for acquisition.
CEO’s ‘Right Hand’ Planning and Execution Arm
Major automotive manufacturer. Acquisition of supporting companies in Europe. Led the risk assessment gap analysis between due-diligence stage and post acquisition. Facilitated cross-cultural management practices, training and, processes while aligning day-to-day operations and strategic planning for each unit. Review and recommendation of new hires and responsibilities. Provide leadership to business unit personnel in the areas of investment and operations analysis. Structure and implement BPMs. Deployed advanced negotiation and influencing skills with internal and external executives.
General Manager, North America, PRP SA, Switzerland
Clients included: Philip Morris, Bacardi, Air Canada, Air France, American, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Continental, Delta, KLM, Lufthansa, Northwest, Scandinavian, Singapore Air, Swiss, United, US Air, and Virgin Atlantic.
Managed the North American operations of the Global Airline Performance study, the largest ever airline/hospitality benchmark for the International Air Transport Association, the umbrella organization for the worldwide airlines.
• Developed and delivered workload and personnel across North America.
• Built relationships with external clients, as well as developed opportunities for additional projects.
• Provided international goal setting, strategic planning and development, as well as market evaluation, segmentation and implementation.
• Successfully created new products, led business development and revenue generation.
Founder & COO, ASCC-Systems Corporation, Inc., US and Germany
Clients included: Target, Skanda, Clearr Corp., Adler Planetarium, Berlin Philharmonic, as well as dozens of others.
A manufacturer of information technology systems. Funded, raised money, and founded the company, a high-tech manufacturer and distributor of innovative digital signage and sound technology products. Engineered in Germany, Italian designed and manufactured in the US.
• Led strategic planning and execution of business development and sales programs.
• Accountable for P&L, 24/ operations, budgeting & financial controls.
• Developed and managed campaigns and programs: OEM`s, distributors, VARs, Dealers, Systems Integrators in achieving winning target accounts and markets, with game changing results.
• Identified value drivers and created a competitive edge for the company.
• Negotiated licensing agreements with European companies.
• Negotiated alliances and other collaboration structures in the US and abroad, such as procurement of parts, products and human capital.
• Led the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve global strategic objectives.
• Internationally recognized thought leader on competitive global growth.
• Funded, founded and ran companies.
• Led global industry initiatives that resulted in billions of $ growth.
• Chosen by Wiley to publish a globally acclaimed book on middle market global growth strategies
Years Executive Experience: (22)
Years as an Interim Exec: (15)
Company Size: (<$100k-$200M)
• Board Advisory
• Marketing – Global Expansion
• International Business
• Market Development
• Sales Business Development
• Process Improvement
• B2B Marketing
• Marketing Strategy
HOW TO WIN IN GLOBAL MARKETS
• Airport and Aviation
• Business Services