Interim CEO with 35 years in business and 45 transactions totaling $1 billion along with numerous operating roles.
Interim CEO with 18 years interim experience and $880M of value added to companies across Europe and the Middle East.
Interim CEO with 30+ years general management experience in domestic and international operations ranging from high-growth to distressed environments.
Interim CEO with 30+ years general management experience with over 200 companies and interim assignments with over 20 organizations.
Interim CFO with 20+ years CFO experience, managing all aspects of financial performance and HR for client companies.
101 – Introduction
102 – The View from 50,000 Feet: The New and Expanding Career Choice
- What is interim management
- Why interim is NOT consulting
- Leadership traits of interims
- The problematic employee mindset
- Why choose a career as an interim
- Benefits & challenges of interim management
- Mechanics: length of assignments, travel, etc.
- How interim has become popularized
- Benefits to owners of hiring an interim v. full time executive
103 – Negotiating Agreements & Getting Paid Hansomely
- How to set expectations with clients upfront and in a contract
- How to determine deliverables and benchmarks/ways to measure success
- Vital elements of a contract
- How to protect yourself – you are not an employee and can be instantly dismissed
- Best practices for negotiating a contract
- Types of assignments to reject
- How to structure payment: cash, equity, performance fees
- Red flags to watch for in an equity deal
104 – How to Go to Market
- 3 myths to marketing an interim
- 6 lessons for market power
- Spotting problems in a company and seeing opportunity
- How to stop thinking like an employee
- The key to effective positioning
- How to delegate to make your time more efficient
- Using advertising, content publishing, & social media to grow your business
104 – Findings