Robert J Jordan
Interim CEO, CMO
Robert Jordan has launched companies and helped other owners and investors build their companies for 25+ years. After founding the first Internet-coverage magazine in the world, Online Access, landing on the Inc 500 list of fastest-growing companies, Jordan sold the magazine and began taking on interim CEO gigs. High multiple company sales and IPOs followed. Jordan then launched InterimExecs, matching owners and investors with powerful leadership on demand through InterimExecs RED Team and RED Ventures.
Jordan is author of Right Leader Right Time: Discover Your Leadership Style for a Winning Career and Company and How They Did It: Billion Dollar Insights from the Heart of America, and publishing partner for Start With No, Jim Camp’s bestselling book and audio on negotiation. In 2023 he and co-author Olivia Wagner launched FABS Leadership Assessment to help teams better understand their leadership styles. He is a lifelong Chicagoan, with a wife and two daughters plus two dogs.
SELECT INTERIM EXPERIENCE
Company Stage Focus: Startup, Early Stage, Late Stage, Venture Funded, IPO, Private, Family Owned
CEO, Online Access
CEO, interim CEO interim CFO worldwide network
CEO, Association of Interim Executives
Corporate Development Director, PV Powered, Inc.
Corporate Development Director, RPH On The Go, Inc.
Corporate Development Director, Nixle, Inc.
• Created Online Access, first Internet magazine worldwide, achieved Inc. 500 status
• Corp Dev director for PV Powered, solar startup from $600k burn/month to sale for $90 million to public company AEIS. Orchestrated sale and all negotiations with investors and buyers.
• Partnership created Innerworkings (INWK), zero to $150 million revenue; IPO valuation $750 million
• Author, How They Did It: Billion Dollar Insights from the Heart of America
• Co-founder Association of Interim Executives
• HighBeam Research
• Online Access
• BA, Economics, University of Michigan
• MBA, Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
• Series 7 General Securities License, FINRA
• Series 24 Principal’s License, FINRA
• Series 59 Investment Banking , FINRA
Years Executive Experience: (28)
Years as an Interim Exec: (17)
Company Size: ($100k-$500M)
• Board Advisory
• Building a management team
• Contract Negotiation
• Corporate Governance
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• B2B Marketing
• B2C Marketing
• Marketing Strategy
• Corporate Development
• Social Media Marketing
• Consumer Electronics
• Consumer Services
• Digital Media
• Financial Services
• Green Technology
• Investment Banking/Mergers and Acquisitions
• Marketing/Interactive Marketing
• Private Equity and Venture Capital