Interim CEO, COO, Turnaround
Bill is an experienced public company executive who has successfully grown organizations through organic development of new product lines and acquisition of both public and private entities. He has been on the due diligence and integration team for over twenty-five acquisitions. He is a results driven leader with significant operational and margin improving successes.
He recently worked with the executive team at LiveLeaf Bioscience as the interim COO. He helped them recast the business to provide core technology licensing and private label manufacturing. Additionally, he identified a low cost manufacturing source and implemented a monthly sales and operations planning process. He collaborated with the CFO to develop a focused business plan to raise the final investment round needed to reach profitability.
He most recently left Natus Medical (Nasdaq: BABY) after ten years as an Officer with responsibility for North American Operations. He was recruited to help restore profitability, add operational structure and assist in the growth from $27MM to $360MM. He was responsible for the operational due diligence and integration of fifteen acquisitions ranging in size from $2MM to $95MM. He led the other Officer team to define the worldwide integration strategy and timing for each acquisition in order to meet the accretive integration goals. He also directly managed five North American subsidiaries ($160MM). He has previous leadership experience with Nellcor, Square D Company and 3M.
• Managing multiple divisions both domestic and international
• Assessment of operations to define upside opportunities
• Acquisition due diligence and post close integration
• Senior management team building
• Implementing corporate-wide culture change
• Developing program and product development systems and teams
He has been awarded thirteen patents in the digital media, software and medical device fields. He is soon to publish his first management book titled “Up from the Crowd: Lessons to Help Managers Become Effective Leaders”.
SELECT INTERIM EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE
Company Stage Focus: Late Stage Venture Funded, Private Equity Backed, Turnaround/Distressed, Public, Fortune 500, Fortune 1000, Private, Family Owned
Refocus of Startup Company
Worked with the executive team to recast the business to focus on core technology licensing and private label manufacturing
Integration of a company acquisition in Buenos Aires, AR. Responsible for coordinating all functional integration activities and developed a six month plan for transition.
Turnaround, Medical Device Company
Led turn around of a $7M public medical device company and sale to another public company.
• Grew a public company from $27MM to $360MM through fifteen acquisitions in eight years.
• Built a Maquiladora manufacturing company in Mexico on a green field site including design/construction, business entity formation, import/export and hiring of all employees both U.S. and local.
• Reduced cost of goods from 45.4% 36.4% over five years.
• Led turn around of a $7MM public medical device company and sale to another public company.
• Led the integration of a $95MM divsion from one public company to another.
• BSBA, University of Redlands
• MBA, National University
• CPIM, APICS
• ISO Lead Auditor, BSI Program
• BOD Training, Stanford University
• Managing Change
• Why Is It Okay To Fail?
• Developing a Value Driven Culture
• Strawberry Jam & The Power of Mission and Vision
• An Executive To Do List: How Interims Quickly Understand the Organizational Health of a Business and Team
• An Interim Executive’s Approach to Realize the Full Value of a Company’s Investments
Years Executive Experience: (25)
Years as an Interim Exec: (8)
Company Size: ($1M-$500M)
• Building a Management Team
• Contract Negotiation
• Corporate Development
• International Business
• Joint Ventures
• Acquisition Integration
• Company Sale
• Operations: Cost
• Offshore Development
• Planning / Modeling / Execution
• Process Improvement
• Crisis Management
• Computer Hardware/Backbone
• Digital Media
• Life Sciences
• Management Consulting
• New Product Development